Senior Health Literacy: Navigate the complex healthcare system. Free! Four sessions: Mar. 25, Apr. 22, May 20, Jun. 24, 11:30 am – 1:30 pm, Etowah Library, 101 Brickyard Rd., Etowah. Call 828-891-6577 to register.
MemoryCare Educational Events (Thursdays, 2:00 – 3:30 pm, Bernhardt Education Room, SECU Center for Memory Care):
- April 25: Understanding Lewy Body Disease
- May 2: Assistive Technology: Easing your Caregiver Journey
- May 9: Brain Games, What Works?
- May 16: You, Too, Can Fight the Elder Fraud Industry
- May 23: Navigating the Alzheimer’s Maze, Part 1
- June 6: Navigating the Alzheimer’s Maze, Part 2
- June 13; Understanding the Goals of Care with Progression of Dementia
- June 20: Say This Not That – Learning How to Communicate with Dementia
- June 27: Exercise and Brain Health
Alzheimer’s Association Webinar Series (Thursdays, 2:00 pm):
- April 25: Alzheimer’s Facts, Figures and Resources: Connecting
people to the help they need (register at: link)
- May 9: Alzheimer’s and Brain Health: What you should know and
what you can do (register at: link)
TRIAD Document Shred and Drug Takeback Events:
- Friday, May 3, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm, Fletcher YMCA Mission Pardee Campus
- Saturday, May 4, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm, Village of Flat Rock Town Hall
- Friday, August 16, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm, Mills River location TBD
- Friday, September 20, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm, United Community Bank, Etowah
- Saturday, October 12, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm, Village of Flat Rock Town Hall
Engage at Any Age – Healthy Community Day: Friday, May 3, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm, YMCA at Mission Pardee Health Campus, 2775 Hendersonville Rd. To learn more, click facebook.com/pg/ymcawnc/events.
The Experienced Worker – What’s in it for You?: Learn about the value of hiring and retaining experienced workers. Monday, May 6, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm, Mission/AB Tech Event Center, 16 Fernihurst Dr., Asheville. Register at link.
Hearing Loss and Accessibility Workshop: Free. Thursday, May 9, 12:00 – 3:30 pm, Mountain Area Health Education Center (MAHEC), 121 Hendersonville Road, Asheville, NC 28803. Go to https://www.wakeahec.org/courses-and-events?search=hearing%20loss to register or contact Kimberly Spencer at 919-350-0480 or [email protected] for more info.
Free Movie – What They Had: Saturday, May 18, 3:00 – 5:00 pm, Biltmore Regal, 292 Thetford St., Asheville. RSVP at 877-926-8300 or register online at aarp.cvent.com/caringabout.
7th Ave Open Streets: Play in the street! Games, music, exercises, and more. Sunday, May 19, 2:00 – 5:00 pm. Go to https://www.facebook.com/events/2244273848964381/ for more info.
Brain Health Symposium: Listen to the latest research on brain health and hear about the Registry for Brain Health. Saturday, June 1, 9:00 am – 2:00 pm, UNC Asheville, Highsmith Union 203. Register at link.